please explain me the concept of mass-volume relationship in stoichiometry
Asked by komal | 30th Jun, 2016, 07:44: AM
Mass - volume stoichiometry involves the quantities of substances in terms of mass and volume both.
Either the volume of a gas is necessary to be found corresponding to the given mass of a substance, or the mass of a substanvce is to be calculated corresponding to the given volume of a gas.
Use is made of the fact that each mole corresponds to a molar mass of a substance and also to 22.4 dm3 volume of a gaseous substance at STP.
Solving problems involving mass-volume relationships, are done as follows;
(1) balanced equation is written for the reaction.
(2) Write the number of moles below the formulae of relevant substances.
(3) Convert moles into masses and volumes as required.
(4) Calculate the unknown quantity.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 1st Jul, 2016, 12:25: PM
- How many gram of nh3 will be produce when 50g N2 react with h2
- what is mole
- In a reaction of magnesium with HCl if 2.24 litre of H2 is obtained at STP the mass of the other product will be what
- 5g of marble was added to 100 c.c of 0.2 M HCl. What volume of CO2 measured at STP will be evolved in the above reaction
- an organic compound an analysis : c=65%, h=3.5% n = 9.6% and o= 21.9% 0.3675 gm of the
- give answer
- The hydrated salt na2so4 nh20 under goes 55% loss in weight on heating and become anhydrous.the value of small n? will
- 25ml of a solution containing HCl was treated with excess of M/5 KIO3 and KI solution of unknown concentration where I2 liberated is titrated against a standard solution of 0.021M Na2S2O3 solution whose 24ml were used up. Find the strength of HCl and volume of KIO3 solution consumed.
- carbon react with chlorine to form ccl4 .36gm of carbon was mixed with 142gmof ccl2.calculate mass of ccl4 produce and remaining mass of reactant
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number