please explain me that what is an identity of an equation
Asked by amu_bgr | 9th May, 2019, 11:41: AM
An identity is an equality relation, X = Y is identically equal where X & Y contain some variables.
(a + b)2 = a2 + 2ab + b2
Here X = (a + b)2 and Y = a2 + 2ab + b2
Put a = 1 and b = 2 in X and Y
So, X = (1 + 2)2 = 32 = 9
Y = a2 + 2ab + b2 = (1)2 + 2(1)(2) + (2)2 = 1 + 4 + 4 = 9
→ X = Y
For any value of a and b, (a + b)2 = a2 + 2ab + b2 is true.
→(a + b)2 = a2 + 2ab + b2 is an identity.
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 9th May, 2019, 12:44: PM
- construct the algebraic expressions for following- 1) cube root of variable T when multiplied with 36 and then subtracted from 100. 2) two times variable X added to 8 and the whole divided by 5 3) one-third of variable C added to 6
- Write the following in product form: (i) (3q)5(ii) 3q5(iii) 35q
- Write the following in exponent form: (i) -5 x a x a x a x b x b x b x b (ii) -2 x 3 x 3 x a x a x b x b x b x c
- Classify the following as monomial, binomial or trinomial: (i) 2x + 3y (ii) 2x3 + 3y2 - 1 (iii) 2xy + 10 (iv) -9x4yz
- Find the coefficient of x in each of the following: (i) (2 - z)x(ii) z3x + 2y (iii) z3y + 2x(iv) x3y + 2xy + 1
- Write down the terms in the following expression: (i) -2x2y + 5xy + y2 - 7 (ii) -9xy + 5x2y - 3
- Identify like terms in the followings: -xy2, -7yx2, -6x2z2, -18z2x2, 3x2y, 2xy2
- Write the numerical coefficient of each of the following: (i) -6x2z(ii) 8z2x2(iii) -xy(iv) 2xy2
- Write 4 different terms which are like to the term -5xy2z2.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number