please answer these questions
Asked by prasutally | 26th May, 2019, 08:20: AM
In the above figure,
O is the cerntre of a circle.
OA = 5 cm ..... radius of outer circle
AC = 8 cm .... chord of outer circle and tangent to the inner circle.
To find: OB = ? ..... radius of inner circle
OB is perpendicular to AC. .. (i) ( Tangent is perpendicular to radius at its point of contact)
We know that perpendicular from the centre of circle to the chord bisects the chord.
AB = 4 cm
By Pythagoras theorem, we get
OB2 = OA2 - AB2
= 52 - 42
= 25 - 16
→ OB = 3 cm
Therefore radius of the inner circle is 3cm.
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 27th May, 2019, 10:43: AM
- question no 51
- Two circles touches internally at a point P and from a point T ,the common tangent at P , tangent segments TQ and TR are drawn to the two circle Prove that TQ=TR
- In this figure BD = passing through center o. And AB=12 and AC=8 find the reading of circle
- Two tangents are drawn from a point p to a circle of radius √3 . the angels between the tangent is 60° . find the length of a 2 tangent
- Parellel lines u and v are tangents of a circle at two distinct points A and B. Prove that AB is diameter of the circle.
- In the adjoining figure I and II, are circles with P and Q respectively, The two circles touch each other and have common tangent that touches them at points R and S respectively. This common tangent meets the line joining P and Q at O. The diameters of I and II are in the ratio 4 : 3. It is also known that the length of PO is 28 cm. Find the length of SO
- Prove that the perpendicular at the point of contact to the tangent to a circle passes through the centre.
- Two circles with radii a and b touch each other externally. Let c be the radius of circle which touches this circles as well as the common tangent to the circles.Prove that 1/rootc=1/roota+1/rootb.
- Two circles intersect each other at A and B. Prove that the angle subtended by the common tangent PQ at A and B are supplementary
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number