please ans the 44th question:
Asked by Latha | 23rd Oct, 2017, 07:55: PM
Antitranspirants materials or chemicals can be used, which decrease the water loss from plant leaves by reducing the size and number of stomata.Most of the transpiration occur through the stomata on the leaf surface. Some fungicides like phenyl mercuric acetate (PMA) in low concentration serve as antitranspirants by inducing stomatal closing.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 24th Oct, 2017, 07:54: AM
- how does temperature light intensity and wind affect transpiration
- dear sir/madam I didnt understand the ganongs potometer wala thing can u plzz explain it to me on video chat. thanking u in anticipation yours faithfully, reet
- why does the twig not have roots in a ganong's potometer?
- If rate of transpiration becomes more than the rate of photosynthesis why will the plant stop growing and die eventually?
- Name the wax-like layer on the epidermis of leaves which reduces transpiration.
- Balsam plants wilt during mid day even if the soli is well watered
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number