Pesticides are useful to farmers yet considered as pollutants. Given reasons.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 21st Nov, 2013, 11:32: PM
Pesticides kill insects and pests thereby protect the crops but these pesticides remain on the crops which enter the food chain and get accumulated in the organisms at the top most tropic level that causes diseases. When these are washed away by rain river water, it also causes pollution.
Answered by | 22nd Nov, 2013, 01:32: AM
- Recycling is a good method for conservation of resources and disposal of waste. Justified the statement
- How is ozone made and how it is destroyed?
- How the hole in ozone can be minimised means how to prevent ozone layer
- what is biomagnification?
- What is bad zone?
- What is the important function of presence of ozone in earth’s atmosphere?
- Explain biomagnification with the help of DDT in water i.e. in the food chain phytoplankton→zooplankton→small fish→big fish→human
- 1.What is ozonification & deozonification?
- sir i cannot understand the environment chapter of class 10.Can you please explain me
- Name two waste material which can be recycled
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number