perform and write an activity to show that plants lose water through leaves during transpiration.
Asked by manya.bhardwaj.01 | 29th Jun, 2017, 04:37: PM
Aim: To show that plants lose water through their leaves during transpiration.
- Take a medium-sized well-watered plant.
- Cover the plant with a transparent polythene bag completely and tie its mouth around the base of the stem.
- Take a similar empty polythene bag and tie its mouth. This polythene bag will act as the control for the experiment.
- Keep the plant as well as the empty polythene bag in the sunlight for 1–2 hours.
- Drops of water appear on the inner side of the polythene bag.
- No such drops appear in the empty polythene bag.
- The plant gives off water vapour through its leaves which saturates and condenses on the inner surface of the polythene bag.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 29th Jun, 2017, 05:41: PM
- Define: 1. Sap 2. Cortex 3. Active and passive transport
- Q. Which part of the xylem tissue is living and which part of the phloem tissue is dead?
- passage of ascent of sap is shown by
- why does root pressure in transport of water is more important in night
- Why would there be a swelling above the ringed area
- What is meant by translocation with respect to transport in plants?
- Dear Sir/Madam Please explain me absorption of minerals by root hair and also absorption of water separatrely Thanks Regards
- Hello Sir/Madam Pls tell me whether the definition of translocation also includes ammino acids and hormones apart from food synthesized during photosynthesis, though i know sieve tubes carry ammino acids and hormones too. Thanks Regards
- how do gaurd cells regulate opening and closing of stomata pores
- explain transportation in plants
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number