One kilogram of ice at 0 degree celcius is mixed with one kilogram of water at 80 degrees celcius.The final temp of the mixture is(take specific heat of water=4200kJ/kg-degree celcius,Latent heat of ice=336kJ/kg)
Asked by Malavika Umesh | 16th May, 2015, 11:36: AM
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 18th May, 2015, 11:24: AM
- If 200gm ice at -50°c and 100gm water at 20°c mixed with 10gm steam at 110°c mixed with each other then what will be the temperature of mixture. Is ice remain left, if yes then find the amount of ice,vapour or water
- what is relegation
- Why does the inner side of the window pane in a room sweat in cold weather?
- If a drop of water falls on a hot plate it takes long time to evaporate. Why?
- Define triple point of water. Why is it unique?
- Answer the following: The triple-point of water is a standard fixed point in modern thermometry. Why? What is wrong in taking the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water as standard fixed points (as was originally done in the Celsius scale)?
- A solid material is supplied with heat at constant rate. The temperature of the material is changing with the heat input as shown in the figure. Study the graph carefully and answer the following questions. (i) What do the horizontal regions AB and CD represent? (ii) If CD= 2AB, what do you infer? (iii) What does the slope DE represent? (iv) The slope of OA>the slope of BC. What does this indicate?
- What do you mean by phase change of matter?
- 1 Kg of water is at triple point. What amount of water will be in solid, liquid and vapour phase?
- Is it possible that there is no increase in the temperature of a body despite being heated?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number