On a sunny day, young shoots of the herbs shows wilting. Why?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 24th Jul, 2017, 04:38: PM
Herbs shows wilting on sunny day because of excessive loss of water. Plants releases more water in the surroundings due to high temperature.
Answered by | 24th Jul, 2017, 06:38: PM
- What is meant by translocation with respect to transport in plants?
- Dear Sir/Madam Please explain me absorption of minerals by root hair and also absorption of water separatrely Thanks Regards
- Hello Sir/Madam Pls tell me whether the definition of translocation also includes ammino acids and hormones apart from food synthesized during photosynthesis, though i know sieve tubes carry ammino acids and hormones too. Thanks Regards
- how do gaurd cells regulate opening and closing of stomata pores
- explain transportation in plants
- What happens to the plant cell when we keep it in the hypotonic solution?
- In which form food is transported in the plants?
- How water and minerals are transported in the plants?
- How transportation through xylem is different from the transportation through phloem?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number