Asked by | 28th Feb, 2008, 09:46: AM
calculate molality,molarity and mole fraction of KI if the density of 20% (mass/mass) aqueous KI is 1.202 g/ml? M of KI = 145 g/mol and H2O =18g /mol.
Giv20% means 100g of solution has 20g. mass of solvent = 100-20 = 80, Mass of soln= 100, d = 1.202 g mL volume of solution= 83.19 mL, moles of KI = 20/145=.1379 moles
Molarity= 1000X.1379/83.19= 1.65M
molality= 1000x.1379/80= 1.723 m
moles of KI=.1379 and water = 80/18=4.444 total no. of moles = 4.5819
mole fraction of KI = .1379/ 4.5819= .0300
Answered by | 14th Dec, 2017, 02:04: PM
- Henry law constant
- The vapour pressure of pure benzene is 639.7mm of Hg and vapour pressure of solution of a solute in benzene is 631.9mm of Hg. Calculate the molality of solution.
- Calculate the molarity of NaOH in the solution prepared by dissolving it's 16g in enough water to form 500ml of the solution.
- Calculate the molality of a 1 L solution of 93% H2SO4 (w/v). The density of the solution is 1.84 g/mol
- Find the molarity of 5m NaOH solution haveing 1.5gm)ml
- calculate the molarity of a solution containing 5g of NaOH in 450ml solution
- How many grams of NaOH will be needed to prepare 250ml of 0.1M solution
- The solution of substance are mixed in following manner 480ml of 1.5M of 1st solution and 520ml of 1.2M of 2nd solution. What is the molarity of final mixture.
- find out mole fraction of methanol in 5.2 m solution of methanol
- What is molarity
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number