NaNO3 on heating at a ceartain temperature T gives NaNO2 and O2 and 85g of NaNO3 on heating at temperature T gives 8g of O2. what is the percentage dissociation of NaNO3???
Asked by Anu | 19th Jun, 2014, 12:12: PM
2 NaNO3 --> 2NaNO2 + O2
Molar mass of NaNO3 is 85 g
Hence 85 x 2 = 170 g NaNO3 produces 32 g O2
Then 85 g NaNO3 should produce 16 g O2
But it actually produces 8 g O2
Hence, percent dissociation of NaNO3 = 8/16 x 100 = 50 %
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 20th Jun, 2014, 03:04: PM
- In this, if the options weren't there, couldn't it have been YX 2 (2 in subscript)
- 2g Feso4 is completely oxidised by 0.05M kmno4.what volume of kmno4 is required？
- Please solve the qustion in the attachment
- Sir Q.no 3
- what is the mole fraction of alcohol in 10% of alcohol w/w in water ?
- ans with solutions
- Q.no 3 =the relative abundance of various isotopes of silicon is as Si-28=92.23%, Si-29=4.67% & Si-30=3.10%. what is the average atomic mass of silicon.
- Vitamins C is essential fot prevention of scurvy combustion of 0.9g of vitamins C givez 0.2998g of Co2and 0.819g of H2OWhat is empirical formula of Vitamin C
- A compound of lead has the following percentage composition: Pb = 90.66%, O = 9.34%. Calculate the empirical formula of the compound.(Pb =207,O=16 )
- 2 L of NH3 at 273K and 1 ATM pressure neutralised 134ml of a solution of H2SO4.What is the normality of the acid?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number