Name two types of muscles which help in respiration????
Asked by Aashi | 6th Mar, 2018, 05:17: PM
Intercostal muscles and diaphragm muscles are responsible for respiration.
During inhalation, these intercostal muscles nearest the sternum contract and lift the rib cage up and out to make more room for the lungs.
When the diaphragm contracts, it moves down towards the stomach. This creates a vacuum in the cavity containing the lungs. This vacuum causes the lungs to expand and pull air down and in. In this way, an involuntary act of breathing is carried out.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 6th Mar, 2018, 05:43: PM
- Are there any parts of the human body that gets O2 directly from the air and not from the blood /
- why do we not breathe through mouth
- The respiratory tubes formed by the division of wind pipe
- What is meant by lung alveoli
- does the nose help in speaking
- odd one out (along with reason) Diffusion, Respiratory gases, Alveoli , capillary network
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number