NAME THE PROCESS OF FORMATION OF SPERMATIDS FROM SPERMATOGONIA AND SPERMATOZOA FROM SPERMATIDS. EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WITH THE HELP OF SIAGRAM SHOWING DFFERENT PHASES LIKE DIFFERENTIATION, MULTIPLICAYION, GROWTH PHASE
Asked by pardeepkumar2281 | 31st Jan, 2019, 11:42: PM
The process of formation of spermatids from spermatogonia and spermatozoa from spermatids is called spermatogenesis.
1.The undifferentiated primordial germ cells divide several times by mitosis to produce a large number of spermatogonia(2n).
2.Spermatogonia are of two types—A and B.
3.Type A spermatogonia act as stem cells which divide and produce more spermatogonia,while type B spermatogonia are the precursors of sperms.
Each type B spermatogonia actively grows to form a larger primary spermatocyte by obtaining nourishment from nursing cells.
1.Each primary spermatocyte undergoes two successive divisions called maturation divisions.
2.The first division is reductional or meiotic division where each primary spermatocyte divides into two haploid daughter cells called secondary spermatocytes.
3.Both secondary spermatocytes undergo a second maturation division to form four haploid spermatids from a single primary spermatocyte.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 1st Feb, 2019, 10:14: AM
- how the menstrul cycle proceed
- what is spermiation
- according to WHO sperm count INA fertile male shouldn't be less than __________ million/ml
- If meiocyte has 32 chromosomes then how many chromosomes does male gamete and adult male have
- Manipulation cycle means ?
- WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY SPERMATOGENESIS AND HOW IT IS DIFFERENT FROM SPERMIOGENESIS ?
- Zona pellucida is secreted by 1) primary follicle 2) granulosa cells 3) secondary oocyte 4) membrana granulosa
- Name the meiocyte in male gametogenesis in man and woman.
- Name the muscular and the glandular layers of human uterus. Which one of these layers undergoes cyclic changes during menstrual cycle? Name the hormone essential for the maintenance of this layer.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number