NAME THE PROCESS OF FORMATION OF SPERMATIDS FROM SPERMATOGONIA AND SPERMATOZOA FROM SPERMATIDS. EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WITH THE HELP OF SIAGRAM SHOWING DFFERENT PHASES LIKE DIFFERENTIATION, MULTIPLICAYION, GROWTH PHASE
Asked by pardeepkumar2281 | 31st Jan, 2019, 11:42: PM
The process of formation of spermatids from spermatogonia and spermatozoa from spermatids is called spermatogenesis.
1.The undifferentiated primordial germ cells divide several times by mitosis to produce a large number of spermatogonia(2n).
2.Spermatogonia are of two types—A and B.
3.Type A spermatogonia act as stem cells which divide and produce more spermatogonia,while type B spermatogonia are the precursors of sperms.
Each type B spermatogonia actively grows to form a larger primary spermatocyte by obtaining nourishment from nursing cells.
1.Each primary spermatocyte undergoes two successive divisions called maturation divisions.
2.The first division is reductional or meiotic division where each primary spermatocyte divides into two haploid daughter cells called secondary spermatocytes.
3.Both secondary spermatocytes undergo a second maturation division to form four haploid spermatids from a single primary spermatocyte.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 1st Feb, 2019, 10:14: AM
- Manipulation cycle means ?
- WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY SPERMATOGENESIS AND HOW IT IS DIFFERENT FROM SPERMIOGENESIS ?
- Zona pellucida is secreted by 1) primary follicle 2) granulosa cells 3) secondary oocyte 4) membrana granulosa
- Name the meiocyte in male gametogenesis in man and woman.
- Name the muscular and the glandular layers of human uterus. Which one of these layers undergoes cyclic changes during menstrual cycle? Name the hormone essential for the maintenance of this layer.
- Given below are the events in human reproduction. Write them in the correct sequential order. Insemination, Gametogenesis, Fertilization, Parturition, Gestation, Implantation.
- Give reason for the following: (a) The first half of the menstrual cycle is called follicular phase as well as proliferative phase. (b) The second half of the menstrual cycle is called luteal phase as well as secretory phase.
- Differentiate between menarche and menopause.
- Given below is an incomplete flowchart showing the influence of hormone on gametogenesis in males. Observe the flowchart carefully and fill in the blank A, B, C and D.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number