Name the following:
(i) Parts of a stamen.
(ii) The process in which the pollen of a flower lands on the stigma of a another plant (of the same kind) situated far away.
(iii) The process of fusion of male and female gametes to form zygote.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(i) Filament and anther
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Differentiate between self pollination and cross pollination.
- I what is zycote
- What is pollination
- Give reasons for the following statements: a. Nature favours cross pollination. b. Vegetative propagation is quicker than sexual reproduction. c. Some plants produce large flowers with sweet smell.
- it is obtained from nector
- From where does bees collect nectar?
- what will happen if pollen of rose gets deposited on stigmas of lilyflower?will pollination take place? why?
- describe the post fertilization changes in aflower?
- what are monocious and diocious plants?
- how would you know weathera flower is adapted for selfpolination or cross polination?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number