Name any three major iron ore belts of India. Write any three characteristics of the southernmost iron belt.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 26th Jun, 2014, 04:54: PM
The three major iron ore belts of India are
1. Odisha-Jharkhand belt
2. Durg-Bastar-Chandrapur belt
3. Bellary-Chitradurga-Chikmaglur-Tumkur belt in Karnataka
The southernmost iron ore belt of India is the Bellary-Chitradurga-Chikmaglur-Tumkur belt in Karnataka. Three characteristics of this belt are
1. It has large reserves of iron ore in India.
2. The Kudremukh mines are located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka.
3. Its deposits are one of the largest in the world, and the ore is transported as slurry through a pipeline to a port near Mangalore.
Answered by | 26th Jun, 2014, 06:54: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number