Na has atomic no. 11 whereas K has atomic no. 19 then why patassium's name comes first in reactivity series?
Asked by Kalita Padmanath | 30th Jun, 2014, 10:57: AM
The arrangement of metals in the decreasing order of their reactivity is called the activity or reactivity series of the metals.
The metal potassium is kept at the top of the series because it is most reactive.
Also it is most electropositive as it oxidises i.e., gives up valence electrons.
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 30th Jun, 2014, 11:14: AM
- Give 3 or 4 example of metal who react with hot water
- different be between metals and nonmetals on the basis of of their chemical properties
- chemical properties
- Why an element can't gain or lose 5 , 6 or 7 electrons
- properties of ionic compounds
- I am not satisfied with my previous answer about electrolysis. Pls give me more explaination
- surface of alluminium turns into dull colour after some few days.write the reaction
- which gas is evolved when sodium reats with hcl
- do all non-metal react with oxygen
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number