moon has no atmoshphere?why
Asked by ujjwalviky2003 | 29th Oct, 2017, 10:26: PM
Atmosphere above earth surface consists of air. Since there is no air present above moon surface.
Another explanation related to escape velocity.
Escape velocity is given by . Here M and R are mass and radius of earth/moon respectively.
For earth escape velocity is 11.2 km/s.
But for moon escape velocity is 2.38 km/s.
Hence due to thermal energy all gases will escape from moon surface due to low escape velocity
Answered by | 30th Oct, 2017, 10:38: AM
- When an object falls freely to the ground its acceleration is inform
- Find the gravitational force between two protons kept at a separation of 1 femtometre (1 femtometre=10 −15 m). The mass of a protons is 1.67×10 −27 kg
- 24. The dimensions of wooden block are 2 m x 0.25 m x 0.10 m. If relative density of wood is 0.6 , calculate mass of the block in kg. Density of water = 10^3 kg/m cu.
- can you please help me to answer these question.
- Derive an expression for "g".
- What is gravitation?????????
- WHAT IS ANTI GRAVITY ?
- if a weight of a person on moon is 8N what will the weight on Earth
- Can you think of two particles which do not exert gravitational force on each other
- what is difference between centrifugal and centripetal force
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number