'Living beings respond to stimuli'. Cite any two examples each of animals and plants to illustrate the same.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
All living organisms respond to stimuli by moving towards or away from it. Examples -
i. The increased secretion of saliva on seeing our favourite food is the response to the flavour of the food.
ii. A bright flash of light makes us wink or close our eyes where light is the stimulus.
iii. The leaves of the Touch-me-not' plant droop on touching them.
iv. The tip of the shoot moves towards light.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Is water,sun,moon,and stars are living things or non living things.why
- characteristics of a living being
- What happen during respiration
- What is tuberculosis
- what are the similiriteis between plants and animal?
- do water birds have hollow bones?
- what is mean human evolution
- How many teeth are present in upper and lower jaw
- Which important life characteristic is shown by the plant and bird in the below figure?
- What would happen if living organisms do not reproduce?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number