List the limitations of Dobereiner's Traids in brief.
Asked by pdcavita | 19th Nov, 2017, 06:42: PM
Limitations of Dobereiner's Traids
Dobereiner faild to arrange all the known elements in the form of triads.
The law did not fully apply even within the same family.
In case of halogens, first three members that is Fluorine (19), Chlorine (35.5) and Bromine (80), it is observed that the mean of the atomic masses of Fluorine and Bromine is not 35.5 that not equal to atomic mass of Chlorine.
So,Dobereiner'sscheme of classification is not very successful, though it did contain important principles.
Answered by Varsha | 20th Nov, 2017, 10:25: AM
- Write the merits of dobereiner's triads.
- What is meant by (I) a group, and (ii) a period, in a periodic table ?
- The valency of an element whose electronic configuration is 2
- The position of cobalt and nickel was anomalous pair in Mendeleev's periodic table. Please explain if it was merit or demerit of Mendeleev's periodic table?
- Write note on position of isotopes in the Mendeleev's and modern periodic table
- Dear Sir/Madame, Can you please tell me what are the limitations of Dobeniers's law according to the NCERT textbook and nothing extra. Thank you.
- Why the period 3 of the periodic table has 8 elements
- Why is atomic number considered to be a more appropriate parameter than atomic mass for the classification of elements in a periodic table?
- Are the properties of elements placed in a group same?
- Who showed for the first time that there is periodicity in properties of elements?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number