List out the steps for folding of filter paper used for filtration. Describe the process of filtration.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 5th May, 2015, 10:00: AM
Filter paper is folded in the following steps:
1. The round piece of filter paper is taken and folded in half.
2. This half folded paper is folded again.
3. The twice folded filter paper is opened to form a hollow cone and can now be used for the process of filtration.
Filtration is used for separating insoluble substances from a liquid. The mixture is poured into a filter paper cone fixed in a funnel by using a glass rod as guided. The liquid passes through the filter paper which has millions of tiny holes in it. The solid particles (being bigger in size) do not pass through the filter paper and remain behind on the filter paper. It is called as residue. The clear liquid obtained is called filtrate.
Answered by | 5th May, 2015, 12:00: PM
- Which method we can apply to seperate water and mercury and why
- What are the different kinds of filters used by people in everyday household works?
- How is centrifugation done? Describe the process of separation by centrifugation.
- Name the gas which is added during purification of water. Why is it called a disinfectant?
- Explain sedimentation and decantation method.
- Explain the process by which we can separate cream from milk?
- Which method will you use to separate the following mixtures? (i) Sand and water (ii) Clay and water (iii) Cream and milk (iv) Used tea leaves and prepared tea
- Describe the filtration tank used in the process of water purification in water works.
- What is the role of alum (Phitkari) in the process of water purification?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number