list 3 differences between overloading and short circuiting
Asked by tanmay.kr2004 | 20th Apr, 2019, 09:22: AM
- Short Circuit occurs when neutral wire gets in contact with the live wire due to some internal damage of the circuit.
- Short-cicuit causes heavy current in the system which produces heat resulting in fire or explosion.
- In case of short - circuit current flows through unintended path.
- Overloaing occurs when a large number of devices are connected to single supply/socket.
- Overloading is the situation in which the current flowing through the system or component is much higher than the nominal current rating.
- Current flows through intended path. Unclearance of overloading condition results in short circuit.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 20th Apr, 2019, 01:42: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number