Asked by Kanhaiya | 16th Sep, 2015, 08:19: PM
Two factors responsible for losses to grains due to storage:
- Presence of rodents in granaries.
- Containers i.e. silos used to store grains are sometimes not air tight and thus grains rotten due to the exposure to moisture.
Decision to reduce the loss:
- Government officials could have first given instructions to Sun dry the wet grains properly or their fumigation with neem leaves or chlorine.
- They could have transferred the unrotten grains to different granaries located in dry climate.
Two values in the decision making officials that are required to avoid such situations in future:
- Use of silo (metal containers) located above ground levels to store grains.
- Regular inspection o granaries to avoid such incidences.
Answered by Hemangi Binny | 17th Sep, 2015, 08:03: PM
- why is weedicides important
- Is Intercroping supirior to mixed cropping?
- With diagram explain various processes in tissue culture
- what is harvedting
- mention the preventive and control measure used before grain are stored?
- "Ration of crop also help in pest control." What is meant by ration of crop?
- What are the objectives of crop variety improvement
- raw mango pieces are sprinkled with salt before pickling
- Enlist some factors for which variety improvement is done in plants.
- Compare fertilizers and manures.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number