Justify with the help of an example that displacement reaction is also a redox reaction.
Asked by amar chandniranjan | 7th Jun, 2014, 10:45: PM
Displacement reaction is a also redox reaction, as in this reaction, the less reactive reactant gets reduced and the more reactive reactant gets oxidized.
In the following reaction Fe displaces Cu from CuSO4.Fe gets oxidised while Cu gets reduced.
Fe(s) + CuSO4(aq) → FeSO4(aq) + Cu(s)
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 9th Jun, 2014, 10:35: AM
- about reducing agents and oxidising agents
- An oxidizing agent is __ and oxidizes __ a) Electron donor, itself c) Electron acceptor, others b) Electron acceptor, others d)tlectron donor, others
- How to find out oxidation and reduction on the bases of electrons
- what is the definition of redox reaction
- Explain About oxidation and reduction reactions In detail .
- what is redox reaction??
- How to find redox reaction?
- Which of the following is a redox reaction? (A) NaCl + KNO3 → NaNO3 + KCl (B) CaC2O4 + 2HCl → CaCl2 + H2C2O4 (C) Mg(OH)2 + 2NH2Cl → MgCl2 + 2NH4OH (D) Zn + 2AgCN → 2Ag + Zn(CN)2
- Pls clear the concept of redox reactions and give me some 10 examples quiclkly
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number