Jackson invested rs 20000, he invested a part of it at 12% and the rest at 10%, his annual income from these investments is 2280 rs. How much did he invest at each rate?
Asked by raj9852265141 | 8th Jul, 2019, 06:00: PM
Let Jackson invested Rs. x at the rate of interest 12% and remaining amount Rs. (20,000 - x) at the rate of 10%.
According to the question,
12% of x + 10% of (20,000 - x) = 2280
0.12x + 0.1(20,000 - x) = 2280
0.12x + 2000 - 0.1x = 2280
0.02x = 280
x = Rs. 14,000
Jackson invested Rs. 14,000 at 12% and (20,000 - 14,000) = Rs. 6000 at 10%.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 9th Jul, 2019, 10:23: AM
- suresh's income is 27% less than that of Mukesh .what per cent is Mukesh's income more than that of Suresh
- express the following ratios as percent 1 1:2
- If water expands by 6% of its volume as it freezes. How much ice can be required to obtained from 160m³ of water
- In an election between two candidates one candidate received 55% of the total votes and wins the election by 12000 votes find the total number of votes secured by the defeated candidate
- In an entrance exam, 21% of the candidates passed. If a total of 3150 candidates passed the examination ,find the total number of candidates that appeared in the examination
- A carpet cost is Rs 12000. It is sold to a shop at profit of 15%. The shopkeeper sell it to a customer at a profit of 10%. Find the price of customer pays for the carpet.
- Convert each of the following into fraction Q1 3.6%Q2 250%
- Suman deposites rupees 2500 in a bank.If this is 25%of her monthly income,then find her monthly income.
- In a leading school of a city 700 student went to an excursion in 2017 while from the same school 840 students went in 2018 what is the percentage of increase the people
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number