Isthe air a compound or a mixture?
Asked by Deepkaurdhindsa | 15th Dec, 2018, 08:23: PM
Air is a mixture for the following reasons.
1.Composition - Air has variable composition.
Air around Industrial areas will have more impurities while air around rural areas will have less impurity.
Air at high altitude will have less oxygen. Air at low altitude will have more oxygen.
2.Properties -; Air has no specific properties.
Properties of air are average properties of its constituents.
Vapour density of air is 14.4.
3.Separation of components - Separation of components of air is possible by physical means.
Separation of components of air like liquid nitrogen and liquid oxygen is possible by fractional distillation.
Chemical Formula - Air has no chemical formula.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 16th Dec, 2018, 12:50: PM
- what is the use of nitrogen
- what is air
- What is atmosphere?
- What is always present in the air?
- Name the component of air present in a small amount but plays an important role.
- What is the source of oxygen gas in air?
- What are the major sources of water vapor in air?
- What is the role of water vapor in the working of water cycle?
- Which component of air does not burn itself but allow other things to burn in it?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number