Asked by keerthi | 10th Jan, 2013, 07:38: PM

Expert Answer:

Atoms of the same element who have same no of electrons and protons but the difference is in there neutron numbers are known as isotopes.
If we take an example AXZ. Where X is the chemical symbol of any element, Z it is the atomic number, and A is the number of neutrons and protons combined, called the mass number. Like hydrogen is written 1H1, deuterium is 2H1, and tritium is 3H1

Answered by  | 13th Jan, 2013, 12:00: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.