- is yawning related to respiration?
Asked by vaishviolet23 | 18th Jun, 2015, 09:15: PM
Yes it is related to respiration. Due to low level ofoxygen in lungs, a reflex movement occurs in therespiratory system. It is basically due to imbalance of oxygen and carbondioxide. A yawn will cause a slow exhalation of oxygen after deeply breathing in the gas. This movement is thought to be controlled by the body’s nervous system.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 19th Jun, 2015, 09:14: AM
- What is difference between respiration and breathing
- How hot water cures muscle cramps??
- 5 note on respiratory system
- What is the composition and function of liquid present in pleural cavity of human body ?why is there less pressure than lungs ?
- How to draw human respiratory system
- Why is inspiration called as an active process and expiration as passive?
- What is respiration?Mention its type? Name and explain the process by which gaseous exhange takes place?
- Give reasons: a) The lung alveoli are covered with blood cappillaries. b) The wall of trachea is supported by cartilage rings.
- State the role of the following in the human respiratory system: a) Nasal cavity b) Diaphragm c) Alveoli
- How are the alveoli designed to maximize the exchange of gases?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number