IS ther any relation between light and "RADIATION"? As the velocities of radiation and light are same.
Asked by anjalimishrikotkar | 17th Jan, 2016, 01:19: PM
Radiation is a colloquial term for all the waves belonging to the electromagnetic spectrum, be it UV-rays, X-rays, Radio waves or visible light. The speed of all the electromagnetic waves is the same.
Light is generally used to indicate visible light. It is also a form of electromagnetic wave. Hence, we can say that light is a form of radiation.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 18th Jan, 2016, 11:30: AM
- A furnace emits radiation at 2000 K. Treating it as a black body radiation, calculate the monochromatic radiant flux density at 1 micron m wavelength
- There are two thin spheres A and B of the same material and same thickness.They emit like black bodies.Radius of A is double that of B.A and B have same tempt. T .When A and B are kept in a room of tempt T0(less than T),the ratio of their rates of cooling (rate of fall of tempt) is
- Two bodies A and B have emissivities 0.5 and 0.8 respec .At some tempt the two bodies have emissive powers at these tempt.
- Explain the working of room heater. How can we increase the efficiency of convections in radiator of a room heater?
- By what mode of heat transfer is mercury heated?
- Which of the three modes of transfer of heat is the fastest?
- One thermometer is placed half metre above the tip of the fire and one thermometer is placed half metre at the side of the fire. Would the readings of the two thermometers be same or different and why?
- If a liquid is heated from top, then by which mode the transfer of heat would take place?
- Why is a new quilt warmer than an old quilt?
- What are thermal radiations? Give some of its basic characteristics.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number