Is the speed of sound more in a substance with higher temperature or lower temperature. Explain
Asked by Deepak | 17th Dec, 2020, 01:28: PM
Speed of sound is more in a substance with higher temperature because molecules vibrate faster at higher temperature than in lower temperature. As particles travels faster at higher temperatures the sound waves will travel more quickly for higher temperatures.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 17th Dec, 2020, 11:44: PM
- How sound propagates
- Whatis reverbation of sound
- What is necessary for propagation of sound
- speed of sound
- Is the speed of sound is faster in a denser substance or a less dense substance. Explain
- Can sound travel in vacuum? Explain
- Does sound propagate in all directions? Give one example to support your answer.
- Name one material that do not conduct sound and act as sound insulator?
- How does a sound wave travel through the air?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number