is sodium or francium highest reactive metal?explain
Asked by Somnath Pal | 18th Feb, 2014, 09:50: PM
- The size of francium is much bigger than sodium.
- Francium can easily loose away its valence electron as it is less attracted by the nucleus than sodium.
- The electronegativity of Francium is very less among all the alkali metals.
- Hence it can give away the loosely bound electron to the more electronegative atom easily.
- Therefore, between Sodium and Francium, francium is more reactive.
Answered by | 19th Feb, 2014, 10:41: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number