Is it possible to boil water in paper cup on a spirit lamp? How?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Yes, water can be boiled in a paper cup on a spirit lamp.
The paper cup does not catch fire as the ignition temperature of paper is not reached. The heat energy is passed to water.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What are non-combustible materials?
- L.P.G gas contains butane. its molecular formula is C4 H10. name the possible products obtained by its complete combustion
- Why do trees not catch fire on their own when wood is combustible and there is sufficient oxygen in the air?
- What is fire extinguisher
- Burning of air in phosphorus in air is example of
- what are the products of combution?
- How can you find the calorific value of a reaction in terms of kcal\mole?
- Respected sir/ma'am, Does sun shows combustion? Thank you
- A student places two lighted candles on a bench. What will happen if he covers one burning candle with a small jar and the other with a larger jar? Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number