Is cell membrane in plants semi permeable or selectively permeable membrane
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 26th Dec, 2017, 10:14: AM
The hydrophobic center of a cell membrane (also known as a phospholipid bilayer) gives the membrane selective permeability.It controls the entry of nutrients and exit of waste products from the cell.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 26th Dec, 2017, 12:00: PM
- What is osmosis
- The water reaches to the top most part of a tree due to the transpirational pull during day time. What makes water rise upwards during night?
- Why balsam plant is always used in most of the plant experiments.
- what are osmosis
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
- State true or false raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number