Is carbon a single element to showunique nature like tetravalency ,self linking(catenation) and multiple bonds
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 29th Oct, 2017, 06:07: AM
The carbon has unique property to form bonds with other carbon atoms to give large molecules. The compounds formed may have long chains of carbon, carbon atoms bonded in a ring or branched chains of carbon.
This property of catenation is shown by other elements also but carbon exhibit these propeties to maximum extent.
Due to its smaller size, electronic configuration and maximum bond energy that is greater strength of bonds, carbon has tendency to form multiple bonds.
Due to small size, carbon has strong tendency to form multiple bond with other carbon atoms,oxygen atoms or nitrogen atoms.
Answered by Varsha | 30th Oct, 2017, 11:50: AM
- please tell the IUPAC names
- What is bone black in simple ?
- i want clarity on naming isomers as it has not been specified in the video
- How to know the number of isomers present in an organic compound ?
- how we give IUPAC name to compounds
- How can we know the number of isomers present in an organic compound?
- Explain functional group with examples.
- Give structure of Potassium acetate, ethyl acetate, dimethyl ethyl amine and N,N-dimethylacetamide.
- Do phenyl and phenol mean the same? Describe them.
- Please provide me All the functional groups of Organic chemistry provided by I.U.P.A.C in the preffered order (with structure, name, prefix and suffix).
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number