Information about Western Cyclonic Disturbances in points.
Asked by bbkuldeep6 | 12th Oct, 2015, 09:20: PM
Western Cyclonic Disturbances
- The Western Cyclonic disturbances are experienced in north and north western parts of India during winter months.
- They are caused due to the Westerly winds which flow from west to east between 300-600 latitude.
- They originate mostly in the Mediterranean Sea as extra tropical cyclones.
- The Western Cyclonic disturbances travel through Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan to enter the Indian subcontinent.
- They bring winter rainfall to north and north western parts of India including Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi. This winter shower is considered extremely important for the Rabi crops as the latter is the staple diet of people in the region.
Answered by Social Science Expert | 13th Oct, 2015, 08:22: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number