In which orientation, a dipole placed in a uniform electricfield is in (i) stable, (ii) unstable equilibrium?
Asked by yadavshekhar962 | 3rd Jan, 2019, 08:38: AM
Torque tries to align electric dipole in the direction of field.
In vector form,
When dipole is held in direction opposite to , torque will turn the dipole through 180°
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 3rd Jan, 2019, 10:31: AM
- What is point charge?
- what is electric dipole
- Plzz explain
- Define an electric dipole.
- Draw the pattern for electric field due to a dipole at any point.
- What do you understand by an ideal electric dipole?
- What do you mean by dipole moment?
- What is the direction of dipole moment?
- How the electric field due to an electric dipole is different from that of a point charge?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number