In what direction will a magnetic compass deflect if it is placed on the west side of a wire which is carrying current in a vertically upward direction?
Asked by KONDA VENKATA KHEERTHANA | 20th Dec, 2018, 09:02: PM
Since current is going in vertical direction so the magnetic filed will lie in horizontal plane in which magnetic needle is placed and it will be in circular shape.
Direction of magnetic filed can be found by right hand thumb rule.
So the magnetic field will be in clockwise sense as the fingers will be encircled in clickclocsense.
So the magnetic Needle will deflect along South direction with respect to West.
Answered by Ankit K | 20th Dec, 2018, 10:44: PM
- describe an activity to plot the magnetic field around a straight current carrying conductor
- if the current is flowing in the diretioning of magnetic field lines
- what is magnet
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number