In the science center, Drishti observed videos showing the effect on a current carrying wire in a uniform field. She noticed that the force on a wire becomes zero when it is oriented parallel to the magnetic field. She discussed her observation with her grandfather. He told her that we must also learn to orient and position ourself to avoid disturbing and distracting force in our lives. Drishti promised it to him that she will always remember this.
(a) State any two values we should maintain in our life.
(b) Describe an experiment to demonstrate the force acting on a current carrying conductor due to magnetic field.
(c) What is short circuiting? Give its possible cause.
Asked by pdcavita | 20th Dec, 2017, 09:11: PM
a) Persistence and determination should be maintained in our life.
b) Please follow this link for answer to second question https://goo.gl/fA74s3
c) short-circuiting occurs when the live wire comes in contact with the neutral wire, which results in a large quantity of current to flow through the conductor.
This results in heating of the conductor and can lead to fire due to sparks. i) melting of insulation on conductor ii) rainfall
Answered by Gajendra | 22nd Dec, 2017, 11:59: AM
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
- What type of magnets are present when a electric cell of 1.5V is connected to the DC motor. Note: This is regular DC motor.
- Explain the activity to show the end is produced along the straight current carrying conductor
- In Fleming's left hand rule which finger show the direction of magnetic field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number