In the iupac name of m-clch2c6h4ch2c(ch3)3 we take benzene as the main chain Why? why we dont take CH2Cl as main chain? Pls answer
Asked by ajaysankhala051 | 19th Feb, 2020, 03:08: AM
Halohydrocarbons are divided into two types:
1) Haloalkane: (No aromatic ring only alkanes)
2) Haloarenes: [both alkane (as a substituent) and aromatic rings]
Therefore, while naming for haloalkanes/alkenes/alkynes, alkane should be the parent name whereas for haloarenes or substituted haloarenes the parent name will be arenes.
Hence, the iupac name of m-ClCH2C6H4CH2C(CH3)3 is 1-chloromethyl-3-(2,2-dimethylpropyl) benzene.
Answered by Ramandeep | 19th Feb, 2020, 12:37: PM
- What is non polar solvent not used in wurtz reaction
- Uses of westrosol
- Write the structure of four bromo 4 methyl pent 2 ene
- What is Westrol and Westrosol ???
- nomenclature of organic compounds with rules and examples .
- pls solve the problem
- why alkyl halide are prepare from alcohol
- Which halogen has a tendency to form cation
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number