In the following circuit the bulbis connected in parallel with switch and battery. the blub does not glow when the switch is closed but glows when the switch is open. Why?
Asked by rohr009hg | 30th Mar, 2021, 04:43: PM
when switch is closed , battery terminals are getting shorted . Hence there is no potential difference or voltage across bulb.
Hence bulb will not glow.
When switch is open , voltage across bulb is same as voltage across battery terminals . Hence bulb will glow.
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 30th Mar, 2021, 10:59: PM
- why lightining(electric current) travel to earth without any conductor?
- SI unit FPS unit and CGS unit of electric current
- define one volt
- what is the role of electron in brief?
- please enlighten me with a very precise note on Coulomb
- A 220 v, 1000w bulb is connected across a 110 v mains supply. the power consumed will be
- what is 1 ampere
- what is electric current
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number