In iupac naming of (Ch3)3cch2ch(br)c6h5 we took aliphatic chain containing bromine as main chain but in naming of M-ClCH2C6H4CH2C(CH3)3 we took benzene as main chain Why
Asked by govtsecschoolnayaganv051 | 19th Feb, 2020, 01:05: PM
When an aromatic ring is having more than one substituent group then it will be considered as a parent chain. So in first compound, there is not more than substituent attached to aromatic group so aliphatic chain will be considered as main chain.
Answered by Ravi | 20th Feb, 2020, 06:03: PM
- difference between allilyc carbon and vinalliyc carbpn
- if the carbon bonded to halogen is hybridised ,how will it be classified?
- Iupac naming
- which out of the following is a methanide ion? a) c2- b) (c2)2- c) (c3)4- d) c4-
- What is hybridisation in C2H4
- Can we write CH3COOH as C2H4O2??
- Which of the following carbocations is most stable nd why??
- 11th sum with explanation
- ANSWER nd explaim the 17th ques
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number