In chlorine flouride , both chlorine and flourine have negative charge(electronegatives) then how we come to know which one has to be written first?
Asked by jatin452002 | 6th Jun, 2017, 06:53: PM
Fluorine(4) is more electronegative than chlorine(3.0).
Fluorine is clearly the electronegative atom here in ClF.
Thus the name would be Chlorine fluoride.
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 7th Jun, 2017, 09:44: AM
- Balance the following equations :- 1) HNO3 + Ca ( OH)2 = Ca (NO3)2 + H2O
- mention information provided by a chemical equation
- how to balance chemical equation
- what is chemistry.
- Chemical equations
- What is the difference between C6H12O6 and C12H22O11 in the chemical equation of photosynthesis?
- How to predict product in chemical reaction?
- Respected Experts, Can heat be written as Δ on the R.H.S in an Exothermic Reaction ?
- state which of the following are oxidation reactions and which are reduction reactions- i) Cu→Cu2+ + 2e- v) Fe2+ → Fe3+ + 1e- ii) Cu2+ + 2e- →Cu vi) X + 2e- → X2- iii) Sn4+ + 2e- → Sn2+ vii) Y - 1e- → Y1+ iv) 2Cl- → Cl2+ 2e- viii) Z3+ +1e- → Z2+
- Write the balanced chemical equation for the reaction that occurs between aluminium hydroxide and sulphuric acid forming aluminium sulphate and water.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number