In books the chemical formula of ethanol is given as (CH3-CH2OH). Can (C2H6OH) also be considered as ethanol just because both the formulae have same skeletal structure....?????
Asked by tomjosephkt | 21st Nov, 2017, 09:18: PM
Yes,C2H5OH is ethanol.
Answered by Varsha | 22nd Nov, 2017, 09:54: AM
- properties of ethanol ?
- A compound 'C' with molecular formula C2H4O2 reacts with Na metal to form compound 'R' and evolve a gas which burns with pop sound. 'C' reacts with an alcohol 'A' in presence of an acid to form a compound C2H4O2. On addition of NaOH to 'C' it gives 'R' and water. 'S' on treatment with NaOH gives back 'R' and 'A'. Identify C,R,A,S and write down the reactions involved.
- Why is unsaturated fatty acids are added in soap
- A carbon compound ‘P’ on heating with excess conc. H2 SO4 forms another carbon compound ‘Q’ which on addition of hydrogen in the presence of nickel catalyst forms a saturated carbon compound ‘R’. One molecule of ‘R’ on combustion forms two molecules of carbon dioxide and three molecules of water. Identify P, Q and R and write chemical equations for the reactions involved.
- why soap is collidal in solution? how it does ion-ion repultion?
- how are ester formed with reaction
- I have a doubt in science please clear my doubt.
- The general formula of an ester where R represents an alkyl group is ? what is ans and explain?
- what is dring solution ?
- Difference between toilet soaps and bathing bars?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number