In a school, students thought of planting trees in an around the school to reduce air pollution. It was decided that the number of trees, that each section of each class will plant, will be the same as the class in which they are studying, e.g., a section of class - I will plant 1 tree, a section of class II will plant 2 trees and so on till class XII. There are three sections of each class. How many trees will be planted by the students? What value can you infer from the planting the trees?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Sep, 2017, 10:14: AM
There are three sections of each class and it is given that the number of trees planted by any class is equal to class number.
The number of trees planted by class I = number of sections 1 = 3 1 = 3
The number of trees planted by class II = number of sections 2 = 3 2 = 6
The number of trees planted by class III = number of sections 3 = 3 3 = 9
Therefore, we have the sequence: 3, 6, 9, ...., (12 terms)
To find total number of trees planted by all the students, we need to find sum of the 12 terms of the sequence.
First term = a = 3
Common difference = d = 6 - 3 = 3
n = 12
S12 = [6+(12 - 1)(3)] = 6(6+33) = 6 39 = 234
Thus, in total 234 trees will be planted by the students.
Values inferred are environmental friendly and social.
Answered by | 25th Sep, 2017, 12:14: PM
- An AP is -9 -6 -3 -... How many terms of AP are to be added to get the sum 66
- The sum of three number in A.P. is 27. The product of first and last is 56. Find the number?
- A sum of RS 700 is to be used to give seven cash prizes to students of school for their overall academic performance. If each prize is RS 20 less then its preceding prize, find the value of each of the prizes. From A.P.
- if P times the pth term of an A.p is equal to q times the 9th term, show that its (p+q)th term is zero.
- If we are asked to find out number of terms between 4 to 200 divisible by 4 .then whether we will include 4 and 200 in the list of AP formed or not?
- The fourth power of the common difference of an arithmetic progression with integer entries added to the product of any four consecutive terms of it . Prove that the resulting sum is the square of an integer
- If the ratio of the sum of first n terms of two A.P's is ( 7n + 1): (4n + 27), find the ratio of their m th terms.
- In an AP SUM of 3 consecutive terms is 27 and their product is 504 find the terms
- 3 अंको वाली कितनी संख्या 7से विभाजित है
- Along a road lies an odd number of stones placed at intervals of 10 meters . These stones have to be assembled around the middle stone . A person can carry only one stone at a time . A man started the job with one of the end stones by carrying them in succession . In carrying all the stones he covered a distance of 3 km .Find the number of stones.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number