In a period(including Noble gases)which element has the largest size? Explain by giving example with the reason.
Asked by shiphalijain | 10th Mar, 2017, 08:06: PM
Atomic radius goes on decreasing along the period from left to right as electron goes on to the same shell and the attraction between positive nucleus and outer shell negatively charged electrons goes on increasing from left to right across a period.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 12th Mar, 2017, 06:27: PM
- How are the properties of aluminium similar to boron?
- If an element X is placed in group 14, what will be the nature of bond in its chloride? Write the chemical formula of the compound formed.
- Please write all the trends in groups and periods of periodic table with reasons (each reason should be atleast of 3 -4 lines)
- Plz give and of Qsno 7 of periodic classification of elements from the inportimp question provided
- Explain giving justification the trends in the following properties of elements, on moving from left to right in a period, in the Modern periodic Table. (a) Variation of valency. (b) Change of atomic radius. (c) Metallic to non-metallic character. (d) Electronegative character. (e) Nature of oxides.
- What are the similarities between Mendeleev's periodic table modern periodic tablr
- the neutron was discovered in 1932 then how mendeleev calculated atomic mass
- Which period of modern periodic table is told to be incomplete and why
- Please solve this really difficult question for me .
- What is noble gas?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number