In a diagram of root hair how to differentiate bw
- Xylem and phloem
- Dicot and monocot seeds
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 31st Jan, 2018, 11:05: AM
Water is absorbed by root hairs and passes through several layers to the xylem. Xylem is situated deep inside the plant while phloem is located towards the outer side of the plant. Xylem forms the bulk of the plant body while phloem constitutes only a small part of the plant body.
Plants with a single cotyledon are monocots while those with two cotyledons are dicots.
Dicot plants have the taproot system. The outermost layer is called epidermis. The epidermal cells sometimes project out which appear as the root hairs.
Monocot plants have an adventitious root system.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 31st Jan, 2018, 12:04: PM
- the pressure responsible for the movement of water molecules across the cortical cells of the roots.
- why does guttation occur in plants?
- what is absorbption?
- Define absorbtion
- Cortical cells are predominantly present in: 1- permanent tissue 2-meristematic tissues 3- endodermis 4- cortical region
- Give reason. Wooden frames of doors get jammed during the monsoon season.
- Correct the following statement: The cell sap of root hair is hypotonic.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number