In a cricket match, the striking of the ball by player is seen before hearing the sound. Why?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Light wave travels faster than sound waves, and hence we could see the movement of ball after striking first and hear the sound of it later.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- propagation of sound
- What is sound
- what is tuning fork
- how does the sound propogate
- which quantity transferred through the medium during the propagation of sound waves?
- what is Sound?
- WHAT HAPPEN WHENTHE SPEED OF SOUND AND THE PRDUCER SAME
- Sound can travel in solid air and gas but can it travel in plasma and bose-einstein condensate?
- How is sound produced in the following things? The buzzing of mosquito The sound of drums The sound of guitar The sound of trumpet
- Can we hear the ringing of a mobile phone placed in a vacuum chamber?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number