Asked by yash.bisht9910 | 25th May, 2015, 05:49: PM
Even though the drift speedof electrons is very low, the bulb or any other appliance are switched on quickly because there are are billions of electrons per square area of the wire.
This large number of electrons contribute to a significant amount of energy enabling the appliance to be switched on immediately after the switch is pressed.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 25th May, 2015, 10:38: PM
- What is resistance?
- If the temperature of a conductor decreases,how does the relaxation time of electrons in the conductor change?
- explain slow electrons and fast electricity concept.. why electricy travel fast whereas the electron in it have very low velocity.
- How does a metal conduct electricity?
- Obtain the relation between the terms drift velocity, relaxation time and electric field
- Current flows from a point that has higher electrical potential to a point of lower electrical potential potential ,didn't understand
- DRIFT VELOCITY
- Define drift velocity of electrons for a metallic conductor.
- Large amount of current can be obtained from the small drift velocity and small electronic charge in a conductor. Why?
- What is the effect of heating on the drift velocity of electrons of a conductor?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number