(ii) Why should the lower block of this pulley system be of negligible weight?
Asked by ax1547208 | 4th Mar, 2019, 03:35: PM
Efficiency gets reduced due to the weight of lower block pulleys. More the weight of lower block pulleys, less the efficiency.
Hence for greater efficiency, the pulleys in the lower block should be as light as possible.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 4th Mar, 2019, 04:56: PM
- Please tell me this question
- A block and tackle system has 4 Pulley to lift the load of 840 Newton through a distance of 12 metre the weight of the movable Pulley is 20 Newton
- the velocity ratio of block and tackle system of police 9 if its efficiency is 95% done by applying an effort of 250 Newton what maximum load can be lifted by pulley system
- what is the First Method Of Combination Of Pulley ?
- ex. 3b numerical 11
- ex. 3b numerical 10
- A block and tackle system has velocity ratio 3 . Draw a labelled diagram of system indicating the point of application and direction of load and effort. A man can exert a pull of 200 kgf. a) what is maximum load he can raise with this pulley system if its efficiency is 60%? b) if effort end moves a distance 60 cm,what distance does the load move?
- Combination of pulleys
- A pully system with V.R. = 4 is used to lift a load of 175 kgf through a vertical height of 15m. The effort required is 50 kgf in the downword direction.(g= 10N/kg) Calculate: (1) Distance moved by the effort. (2) work done by the effort. (3) M.A. of the pully system. (4) efficiancy of the pully.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number