If the radius of earth where to shrink by 1 percent its mass remains the same, g would decrease by nearly ......%
I took g1(Gravity of original earth)= GM/R^2
g2(after shrinking)= GM/[R-(R/100)]^2
I need help finding g1-g2. I can't get the algebra right. Also need help finding the percentage.
Asked by Deebu | 15th Sep, 2016, 02:54: PM
You can also look at a similar problem.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 16th Sep, 2016, 11:36: AM
- Two small bar magnet are placed in a line at certain distance d apart if the length of each magnet is negligible comapared to d the force between them is inversely proportional to
- Calculate torque and force acting on the current carrying loop.
- pls solve
- Why can't the south pole of the magnetic needle deflect in Ampere swimming Rule??
- Find the magnitude and direction
- A wire of length l is bent in the form of a circular loop with a no of turns and is suspended in a magnetic field of intensity B. Find the expression for the maximum torque produced on the circular loop when a current I is passed through it.
- MUST EVERY MAGNETIC CONFIGURATION HAVE NORTH POLE AND SOUTH POLE AND CAN WE THINK OF MAGNETIC FIELD CONFIGURATION WITH THREE POLES ?
- A MAGNETISED NEEDLE IN A UNIFORM MAGNETIC FIELD EXPERIENCES A TORQUE BUT NO NET FORCE. HOWEVER, AN IRON NAIL NEAR A BAR MAGNET EXPERIENCES A FORCE OF ATTRACTION IN ADDITION TO TORQUE. EXPLAIN
- Cyclotron uses
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number