If the graph of a particular equation is given, then how we could calculate the equation for which it stands?
Asked by zeenat110zehra | 12th Mar, 2017, 10:21: PM
Now this question you have asked is very generalised. So, in that case, you should know that different graphs have different techniques where we could determine the equation.
Now since the chapter you have written is Linear equations in gtwo variables, I will show you how to find the graph of a given linear equation.
Remember that the graph of a linear equation is always a straight line.
1. Choose any two points on the line.
2. Use that to find the slope of the given lines.
3. Then using slope-intercept form, you can find the equation of the given graph.
Now for CBSE class IX, you will probably not understand the above process since you have not studied this yet in your syllabus.
Your syllabus, is restricted to only graphs of the form y = mx, x = a, y = a.
You will only have questions where you are given a graph, and from a given set of equations you will have to choose the equation, which correctly represents the graph.
So, for that, you consider the points on the graph, and check if the points satisfy the equations.
The equation that it satisfies will be the correct equation of the corresponding graph.
Dear student, if you are still confused post a question where a graph is given. You can upload an image for convenience.
Answered by Rebecca Fernandes | 12th Mar, 2017, 10:57: PM
- Write any two linear equations which passes through the point ( 2 ,4 ) Question from the chapter LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES CLASS 9
- If two numbers are such that the sum of thrice the first and twice the second by 50 and four times the first exceed five times the second by 13. Find the numbers. Plz explain how we got 2nd equation
- 1. Write four rational numbers that the between 2 and 3. 2. The difference between two numbers is 10. Express in the form of linear equation in two variable. 3. Represent 7/4 and -7/4 on a number line.
- One angle of a triangle is equal to 20%of the sum of the other two angles of a triangle. Write a linear equation in two variables to represent the above statement .
- Ram invested some amount at 6% simple interest and some amount at 9% simple interest. At the end of the year, he earned Rs.1200 as interest on the two amounts. Write a linear equation in two variables to represent the above statement.
- The cost of six cups is equal to 48 rupees and the cost of 5 plates is 30 rupees. Express the above information in the form of linear equation.
- Sita bought 18 apples for Rs 45 and 12 oranges for Rs 25. What will be the linear equation of above statement ?
- Dhoni made century only by hitting four’s and sixes . Write a linear equation in two variables to represent the above statement.
- A fraction is such that if the numerator is multiplied by 3 and the denominator is reduced by 3, we get 18/11. Write linear equation to represent this information.
- Check whether is a linear equation or not?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number